Available since 2005 ...
... the OGR Digital Archive!!!
In 2005, OGR Publishing, Inc. and Hybrid Systems Ltd., Inc. proudly announced the first train hobby digital archive product: the OGR Digital Archive! Covering the first 40 years of O Scale Railroading and O Gauge Railroading, the OGR Digital Archive contains every single page of every single issue from 1969 - 2009. Over 19,000 pages of product reviews, beautiful layouts, advertisements, editorials, modeling plans, and readers' opinions! The ten CD-ROM/DVD series spans three major ownership groups. Beginning with founders Vane and Corey Jones in 1969 and continuing through the Myron Biggar era from the mid-1980s until the early 2000s, the OGR Digital Archive currently ends in 2009 with the third major ownership group (Rich Melvin, Ed Boyle, and Jim Barrett — OGR Publishing, Inc.).
Throughout the series you will see features you still recognize today: 1) "Barrett in the Backshop" with OGR pillar Jim Barrett, 2) "Collector's Gallery" with resident collector Ed Boyle, and 3) the beginning influence of current publisher Rich Melvin with his videos and "12 inch to the foot" observations and contributions. While there were many changes through the years, one thing never changed: a singular focus on O gauge trains!
While it is possible to acquire most of the magazines available in this digital archive series through eBay and other hobby channels, there is no better way to manage this incredible source of O gauge material! You may access the magazines by cover, by date, through a searchable table of contents, by a unique HSL feature called "Regular Features", or by Run number. If you have any doubts about accessing the material through HSL digital archive products, be sure to check out the user comments!
The OGR Digital Archive is available directly from OGR Publishing, Inc. Check it out today!
OGR Digital Archive Features:
- 40 years of O Scale Railroading and O Gauge Railroading magazines
- regular features like "Jim Barrett in the Backshop", "Collector's Gallery", "Pop Off", "Smoke Signals", "Erection Shop", "Official Car", and "Pop Off", just to name a few!
- high-quality photos of hundreds of the finest O gauge layouts
- thousands of feature articles by in-house and guest contributors
- includes every page of every issue
- searchable table of contents
- navigate easily between issues and "regular features" -- very easy to use!
- print any page
- HTML-based -- works with your web browser
- compatible with both Mac OS and MS-Windows
OGR Digital Archive Volumes:
- Runs 1 - 60, June 1969 - August 1979
- Runs 61 - 111, October 1979 - June 1990
- Runs 112 - 135, August 1990 - June 1994
- Runs 136 - 159, August 1994 - June 1998
- Runs 160 - 173, August 1998 - June 2000
- Runs 174 - 187, August 2000 - June 2002
- Runs 188 - 197, August 2002 - December 2003
- Runs 198 - 211, 2004 and 2005
- Runs 212 - 225, 2006 and 2007
- Runs 226 - 239, 2008 and 2009 (NOW AVAILABLE)
OGR Digital Archive Price: $29.95 each plus shipping
Order Information: Order directly from OGR Publishing, Inc.
Testimonials and User Comments: Click HERE to see what clients are saying about the OGR Digital Archive!
Please note: Beginning with Volume 8, all images in the archive were created from the high-resolution PDFs used to print the magazine. Therefore, while the image sizes in the archive are the same, the file sizes have increased slightly. Because of the increased file sizes, the OGR Digital Archive Volumes 8, 9, & 10 and all future releases will be delivered on a DVD. As long as your computer has a drive capable of reading DVDs, the archive will function exactly the same as before.
Thank you for your continued support!
Return to HSL Home Page